Thursday, May 26, 2011

20 Questions

Now that the verbal floodgates have opened, there is no turning back.

This week Harrison started asking, "Why?" about anything and everything. And you better have a really good answer to the question or he will just keep asking!

In addition, he wants to know everyone's name. And I do mean everyone.

We were getting out of the car at Target over the weekend and someone was getting into the car next to us. He demanded to know her name. When I told him I didn't know her and therefore didn't know her name, that was definitely not an acceptable answer. He kept insisting, "Name!".

He asks the name of new kids that enter the playground, of the checker at the grocery store, and of the man driving the garbage truck, just to name a few. I have started getting creative and am learning that if I answer with strong conviction and use a name he hasn't heard before, he will usually accept that answer.

Now I just have to hope he won't ask me the name of the garbageman next week, because I forgot what name he accepted yesterday as we were watching the truck.

The best part is that if he is asking me a question relating to dinosaurs, which he does often these days, and I don't know the answer, he demands that I, "Look up!" and points to the computer. He believes that it provides answers to all of life's difficult questions...if only that were the truth.

Ahhh...the joys of an inquisitive two-year old. This is definitely quite an entertaining age!

No comments: