Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sixteen Weeks Old

Here is sweet Barrett on Monday at 16 weeks old. It's hard to believe he's been around that long. He is usually a pretty happy little guy, as long as someone is paying some attention to him. Here he is hanging out with Harrison and me as we played upstairs.

On Saturday Barrett rolled over from his stomach to his back. It's the first time he did that, and it was fun because Mark, Harrison and I were all there watching him play upstairs. He had a kind of startled look on his face when he did it, and hasn't done it again since then.

His three-to-six months clothes are fitting just right, and he's outgrown all of the smaller things. His three-month pajamas are too short, so we've had to retire those. He weighs about 13.5lbs. We will have a four-month check up so I'll let you know his official stats then.

Although he's a sweet boy, he is starting to exert some independence and showing a stubborn streak when it comes to eating. For some reason he is currently only happy when eating in exile. I can tell he's hungry and will try to feed him anywhere...living room, playroom, Harrison's room...you name it. But, he only wants to eat in his room in the dark without Harrison around. This is causing a little bit of a challenge during the day as we try to work around this! While I like that he is forming a strong personality, this needs to change soon because it is driving me nuts!



I tried putting Barrett into Harrison's chair to watch us play and he loved it. He was able to sit up and just chill while watching Harrison play with his cars, blocks, etc. I think he knew he looked cute because he sure looks like he is posing in that second picture, doesn't he?

No comments: