Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just a quick hello...

Not too much to report here so I just thought I'd share a few pictures.

Last week while eating his morning snack, Harrison decided to show off a new trick. He thinks it is funny to pull his shirt over his head so that his stomach is bare. He can get it back to normal by himself, so he'll just occasionally do it to make me laugh.


On Friday we went to Target to get a few things including a birthday gift for a party we are going to this weekend. As we went through the toy aisle, Harrison shrieked when he saw Curious George. He starting making his monkey noises and pointing. So...I handed George to Harrison and he was thrilled. I really don't want to be that Mom who gets her kid something every time they go to the store, but this was just too cute to say no to. Look at him hugging George. It just made me smile!





Harrison's new favorite place to play is on our bed. He absolutely loves to climb up on it and roll around in the pillows. I changed the sheets the other day, and he checked out the bed while it was stripped of everything. He wasn't remotely interested. But, by the time I got the comforter on he was helping me throw pillows up onto the bed so he could climb up and play.

Today we spent 30 minutes just buried in the pillows, using them as ramps for his little cars. He would laugh and squeal as I rolled the cars down the pillows into his lap, and we did it over and over. Works for me...it's too hot outside to spend the afternoon out there right now!

Here he is today playing in the pillows:


Harrison hasn't added any new words lately. He is saying "ba ba" but we can't figure out what he is referring to. He does seem to be adding more signs each week. Now we have signs for rain and thunder, and he loves to do thunder. And, he points to the window and signs rain...so we keep explaining that we can't just make it rain.

He saw someone with a big box of pears in their cart today at Costco and signed pear, so that was fun. He also loves to sign "cold" and pointed to the cold room at Costco where the produce is today and signed cold.

So even if he isn't expanding his verbal vocabulary he is at least learning another way to express himself.

No comments: