Saturday, March 27, 2010

He's Officially Walking!

Harrison has been walking for a while now, taking 8-10 steps at a time here and there and gradually working up to doing that more frequently. Well today he decided he would just walk everywhere.

From the time he got up until he went to bed that kid was on his feet. I took him to the park, he walked the entire time, and we were there for about 30 minutes.

Later he was in the kitchen with us, and Mark was sitting on the floor talking to Harrison. Harrison just kept walking in circles around the island. He must have done it 15 times. Each time he'd come around and see Mark again he'd just smile and go back around.

Then, Mark took him back to the park and they were there for almost an hour, and he walked the entire time. It appears that today is the day he finally decided he was going to switch to walking as his primary means of getting around. Yay Harrison!

As I posted, he is having a great time with his new found ability to climb onto the ottoman. Yesterday he decided to climb up and read some books. He looks so cute just sitting there, and you can see from his expression he really liked what he was reading!




I did need him to get his mind off of climbing for a few minutes so I could make his breakfast. Since he can't resist any opportunity to get into the cabinets, I opened one up for him. When I didn't hear banging anymore I peeked around the corner of the island and found him in the cabinet. He had crawled in and then sat up behind the pull out shelf--and he couldn't figure out how to get back out of there. Too funny!









No comments: