Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Big Day



One year ago today we were wondering if Harrison would have to share his birthday with Groundhog Day. He was already one day overdue, and as we now know he certainly wasn't in any rush to appear.

So, it's hard to believe that here we are one year later...and, he decided to make today a special day.

Harrison has been trying really hard to stand up without holding on to anything. If you are familiar with yoga, he has been doing the "downward dog" pose for a while now, basically standing up, bent in half, trying to figure out how to get his top half lifted up to a standing position. Today he did it! I was so proud of him, and I know he was so proud of himself. He was just beaming as I was saying "good job"!!

Later in the afternoon he was crawling around my feet, trying to get me to pick him up while I was getting his dinner ready. I bent down and got him to stand, and then backed away quickly. He took 2-3 steps towards me without even thinking about it! Of course he fell right back down on his bottom, but he did it!!

Boy, am I in for it when he figures this out. He is already into everything, but once he can walk he will really be into everything.

Here are a few pictures from today, and a short video of him doing his favorite thing...zooming his bus! In the bathtub he is playing with the suction-on basketball hoop we got him for Christmas. He just loves it.

Looks like this weekend I'll have to pack up his 6-12 month clothes. All of a sudden his sleeves are too short and so are his pants. Guess he's done a little growing this past couple of weeks.



Total destruction of the kitchen before 8am this morning...



Harrison loves his baths!



Zoom Zoom Zoom


No comments: