So as you may know, Harrison is not the easiest kid to feed a meal to. He is always waving his hands and trying to mess with the spoon. As a result, we resort to many different things to try and keep him from getting food everywhere. Last week I started singing songs while eating. I am definitely not a good singer, nor do I know all of the words to many of the children's songs. But, Old MacDonald is pretty hard to mess up so I've been singing that one quite a bit. Well on Friday, Harrison decided to sing along! After I say E-I-E-I-O, he says it too!! It is so cute, and really makes all of our messy meals worth it.
Harrison continues to be a really good eater, really enjoying a wide variety of foods. He likes many vegetables: peas, broccoli, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. Fruits are always a favorite. He loves apples and blueberries, and just recently has started begging Mark for bites of banana whenever he sees Mark eating one. He'll climb up Mark's leg and just smile really big until Mark bends down to offer him a bite. I have been eating grapefruit and every time Harrison has shared it with me. He makes a face since it's sour and then just opens his mouth for more. We mix ground beef and chicken with different vegetables. He loves yogurt and really seems to like cottage cheese mixed with blueberries. Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon is one of his favorite things for breakfast. Along with Cheerios he will feed himself bites of grilled cheese sandwiches, turkey lunch meat and waffles. Lots of good stuff!
Last Tuesday we went over to play with Harrison's friend Shane. They had fun crawling around together. Shane has a pack-n-play filled with balls, kind of like his own personal ball bit. We put them both in there together, and while Shane likes to roll around in the balls and play with them, Harrison decided to start throwing all of the balls out of the pack-n-play. Nice. Guess who won't be getting a bag of balls for his pack-n-play anytime soon!
They have two dogs, and Harrison was so excited when we arrived. The dogs greeted him with a few licks and he just grinned from ear-to-ear. He started panting like a dog and got right down on the floor with them. He didn't care that they licked his face and just laughed. I think he couldn't believe his good fortune that there were real live dogs there to play with! It was very cute.
The past few days Harrison has started saying Da Da a lot. He knows Ma Ma too, but doesn't use it as much. It is just great the way he looks at Mark and says it.
He knows what the ceiling fan is, and when we ask him where the fan is he looks right up at it. He calls it the "da-wu" which sounds nothing like fan, but that is definitely what he is referring to. Whenever we enter a new room in the house he looks up for the fan and talks about it.
Currently one of Harrison's favorite books is "Dear Zoo" which was a hand-me-down from his cousins. It is a book where you lift flaps and there are different animals under the flaps. When we get to the monkey I always make monkey noises (oo-aa-oo-aa if that makes any sense...) and say that's what the monkey says. This morning when we were reading it we got to the monkey page and he made the monkey noises!
It is so much fun to see him learn all of these new things. It makes every day more fun and rewarding.
One day last week while Harrison was playing in the living room he decided to read a story to himself. It was too cute not to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment